Friday, May 18, 2012

Zero Woman 1995 Japan, Daisuke Gotô

There are more videos in this series. Always with a different woman in the lead as an undercover agent. It's pure old-fashioned pulp. Breasts, guns, blood, torture, fights. That sort of thing. Sounds exciting but in this case it was surprisingly boring. Not bad but not as good as it should have been. Too many scheming characters, not written or acted well enough to care about them.  
Which makes me think. To me even Hamlet is pulp. The drama, the bloodshed. It's very good pulp but pulp anyway.



The heroine has been shot by a traitorous bastard. Who is preparing to extract the bullet at this point. It's all very confusing. But at least we have a lot of the ingredients of my beloved pulp caught in one shot.

This scene was cool. Saved by a compact. Which was a gift from a psychic. Who had just been killed after terrible things had been done to her. By people who all got what was coming to them by way of Zero Woman. Come to think of it the movie I have in my mind right now is much better than what I just saw on the screen.


The cover has been recycled at least twice. Both times by pasting Michelle Yeoh's head on Zero Woman's body. What does Michelle think of this? Or Jean Todt? But I'm rambling now.

6.5



No comments:

Post a Comment