Tuesday, April 24, 2012

La Piscine 1969


Watched it on tv some 25 years ago. My main memories were of a sensual Romy Schneider and a murder. Bought the DVD last year and today I've finally watched it again. 
So, Jane Birkin is in it. I didn't remember that. 
It's a movie about good looking people living in a beautiful house. They swim, they fuck, they enjoy life. But of course soon trouble starts. Old relationships, jealousies that kind of stuff.


.
My DVD has an extra disc containing the never released English language version. It has some differences. I didn't watch the entire thing but went directly to 2 things I was sure were changed. A slightly sm-like scene and the ending. I wouldn't be surprised if a  scene suggesting incestuous feelings is also missing. Haven't checked though. This alternative version is weak but shows cultural differences which is cool.



I still have to watch the interview with the writer included on the disc. Let's see what he has to say for himself.
7.5

No comments:

Post a Comment